Thursday, August 02, 2007

Day 14 - Way out on the Great Barrier Reef

The Great Barrier Reef
Way out...means it took us 1 1/2 hours on a boat to get out to the pontoon. We were on a Sunlover tour. It was not the most ideal conditions...not at all. The wind was blowing...it was overcast...but most of us didn't let that stop us. You could rent a wetsuit for $10 to snorkel, and some did. I think most people just got their snorkel gear and went right in. The temperature outside was 71 degrees...and the water was 73 degrees! I saw the thermometer...although it felt cooler. For those of us who had never snorkeled, I think it was great...for those who had, they knew this was no where as good as it gets.

There was also a glass bottom boat. I don't know how many went on that...Lynne and I did...and we thought it was awesome! There was also an observation room - that was OK.

Unfortunately, I didn't even take my camera this day. I had an underwater camera that I still haven't developed. I'll post those - if I can - when I get them.

No comments: